Girls Excel is a non-profit Organisation legalized and operating with headquarters in Limbe, Cameroon. We are a social impact organization that promotes access to reproductive health education for adolescent girls and young women in Cameroon.
Girls Excel is looking for a competent Administrative Assistant to help manage the general office duties to ensure that the organisation’s processes run smoothly. The Administrative assistant assists with and corresponds with suppliers and partners etc. The administrative assistant must work in close collaboration with the project officer and director to ensure that the print and copy business as well as the office is properly managed.
The ideal candidate should be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person should be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.)
- Performs clerical duties not limited to mailing and filling correspondences, preparing payrolls, placing orders and answering calls.
- Arranges meetings by reserving rooms and managing refreshments
- Type correspondence, meeting notes and forms among other documents
- Photocopies, scans and files appropriate documents
- Ensure the smooth running of Girls Excel copy and print business
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records and ensure accuracy and validity of information
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages of all Girls Excel materials
- Engages in educational opportunities as needed
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with establishedpolicies
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
- Perform receptionist duties when needed •
- Previous experience as a secretary, office assistant, virtual assistant or in another relevant administrative role
- Highly motivated and ability to prioritize efficiently.
- Working knowledge of office equipment (computers, Printers both lasersand inkjets, laminators, binding machines etc.
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent customer care skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs
- Holder of at least an Advanced Level certificate of Education (A Levels) ora professional certificate in secretariat duties or its equivalence.
How to apply for this position
All Interested applicants should email their CV and application letter to email@example.com on or before the 30th of October 2020. Please the subject of your application email should be “Administrative Assistant”. Any application submitted after the deadline shall not be accepted.